TQM is a structured approach to overall organizational management. The focus of the process is to improve the quality of an organization’s outputs through continual improvement of internal practices. In today’s ever changing and multi-faceted business landscape it is no longer considered sufficient to deploy a simple quality assurance system. Organisations need to engage an all-round approach to quality through the implementation of firm wide quality gateways. Using these models, organisations learn to be sensitive to changes in the operational environment and adapt quickly by continuously repositioning and improving their processes, product and service quality and client satisfaction levels.
Benefits of using a TQM
- Cost control – By implementing TQM in your organization, you eliminate unacceptable results and repetitive work. Processes are streamlined to achieve the desired results with minimal costs. TQM also frees up management time, which is a significant resource, tackling recurring issues and problems.
- Defects reduction – defects in products or services create unnecessary disruptions in production or service delivery mechanisms and customer satisfaction. Through process streamlining and application of organisation-wide quality gateways we can achieve defects reduction and reduced client dissatisfaction.
- Helps maintain the consistency of output – TQM refines processes to ensure the consistent production of quality outputs regardless of changes in the staff.
- Customer satisfaction – TQM puts the spotlight on customer experience as the foundation of an organization’s long-term success. Do not simply meet customers’ expectations. Exceed their expectations. Delight them.
- It will not suffice to have customers that are merely satisfied. An unhappy customer will switch. Unfortunately, a satisfied customer may also switch, on the theory that he could not lose much, and might gain. We aim to get your organisation in a position to have happy customers who stay with you for the long run.
How we can help
- Design of Total Quality Management Tools and Techniques and application to your organisation.
- Assistance in the implementation of ISO 9001 quality management system.
- Streamlining supply chain management systems.
- Process mapping, Process improvement and Process digitisation.
- Development of Key performance indicators (KPI) benchmarking to your industry.
- Implementation of Lean Six Sigma techniques.
- Annual quality management system audit and monitoring.
- Assessment against excellence models (Common Assessment Framework - CAF), reporting and corrective actions.
- Training and coaching in the areas of quality management and process improvement.